Hendy Woods State Park

Hendy Woods State Park

Hendy Woods State Park is a state park is located in the Anderson Valley along the Navarro River. It is known for its old-growth coast redwoods, and offers camping facilities as well as day use permits. The park is named after Joshua Hendy, who owned the land and stipulated that it be protected; it passed through several owners after Hendy without being logged, before becoming part of the California State Park system in 1958. The park’s facilities include several miles of hiking trails, including a wheelchair-accessible trail through the redwoods. There are 25 picnic sites along the Navarro river banks, two campgrounds between the two redwood groves totaling 92 campsites, and four cabins.

Amenities

  • Pet-Friendly: Yes
  • Family Friendly: Yes
  • Handicapped Access: Yes